Wednesday, February 27, 2013

"Sirenen" That is the name of the exhibition starting March 8th in the Sta-Art Gallery in Alphen a/d Rijn, the Netherlands. Two painters and 4 sculptors are showing their recent work.=all about sexy women. The opening at 8 p.m. will be spectacular with various temptresses walking about. A "diva-siren" will be opening the show with her luring song.
I have been working for about a half year on this series of paintings. I realized right on that the Bible stories most of us heard in Sunday School are full of seductive women-women who used their wiles to get their way, mostly in order for the men to win wars. I took a number of these women's stories and made paintings in my mixed-technique of paper over oil, over paper, and so forth. Keep watching my Posts, please.
Here is Lilith as a Young Girl. Google her please. yes, I looked at DaVinci too.

No comments:

Post a Comment